Barista Training Course
The barista training course is an intensive coffee making workshop that will provide you with the basic skills and confidence to work as a barista in cafes and restaurants. The skills acquired will also help you to prepare great-tasting coffee at home. Students will be able to learn the basic theory of coffee making, origin of coffee, different types of coffee which are commonly served in Australia. Students will have a lot of opportunities to practise making different types of coffee by using a commercial espresso coffee machine. This workshop can help to fine tune your skills in making espresso coffee and will provide you with more in-depth skills and knowledge so that you can progress to the more complex aspects of espresso making.
What you will Learn
- How to make a rang of coffees, including the Espresso, Cappuccino, Vienna, Latte Macchiato and Hot Chocolate.
- The origins and history of coffee, how the bean is grown and harvested to become the coffee we know and love.
- How to pour the perfect espresso shot, and how to create frothy, creamy, textured milk.
- How to correctly store coffee, how to clean and maintain your equipment to ensure a great-tasting coffee
I had the opportunity to make a lot of coffees for the first time in my life and learn a lot about this segment. I’m really happy.
Thank you APSI for that. Camila Martins B. Correia
The Barista Training Course is held each month on a Saturday from 10:00am to 2:00pm
2019 course dates:
Please email email@example.com for future course dates.
There is a minimum number of students required for each workshop.
- A$120 per person which includes all materials.
Group bookings are welcome.
Mode of Study
Recognition of Prior Learning
Location of Delivery
The information contained on this website is current at the time of publishing. Australian Professional Skills Institute reserves the right to change the admission requirements, fees, location of delivery and units of competency whenever necessary. Please contact us for the most current information.