Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number & Important Privacy Information on USI
What is a USI?
Please call the USI office Telephone number 1300857536
or click onto this page for any queries
Your USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. This number creates a secure online record of all your nationally recognised training records and results from 2015. Your USI account can be easily accessed at any time online from a computer, tablet or smart phone.
Important privacy information on your USI?
How your privacy is protected:
- the USI Registry System keeps minimal personal information
- students control access to their USI account
- the account holder must authorise USI data collection and use.
You can learn more about your privacy HERE.
Why do I need a USI?
- students who are enrolling in nationally recognised training for the first time.
- school students completing nationally recognised training.
- students continuing with nationally recognised training.
What are the benefits of a USI?
- Students will have a complete record of their Australian VET achievements from a single and secure online source.
- You will be able to confirm your qualifications to employers when seeking for a job.
- Training organisations will assess the students’ prerequisites quickly.
How do I create a USI?
- Identify yourself with one form of identification.*
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Fill in your personal details.
- Enter the requested details.
- Set your USI account password and questions for security.
* Please make sure you have one form of ID from the list below ready:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficent
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
How do you use your USI?
- give your USI to each training organisation you study with.
- view and update your details in your USI account.
- view and download your training records and results (transcripts) from early 2016 onward.
- manage who can view your transcript.
How do I have my recently completed qualification added to my transcript?
Why my Statements of Attainment are not available to download from my USI account?
- The student webpage on ‘Transcript/Training Records’ on the USI website, which includes a link to an example of a USI Transcript and a selection of FAQs
- The ‘Your USI Transcript’ fact sheet
- ‘When will my training appear on my USI Transcript?’ fact sheet
- The ‘How to view and download my USI Transcript’ video