Unique Student Identifier Number (USI)
What is a USI?
Please call the USI office Telephone number 1300857536
or click onto this page for any queries
Your USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. This number creates a secure online record of all your nationally recognised training records and results from 2015. Your USI account can be easily accessed at any time online from a computer, tablet or smart phone.
Why do I need a USI?
- students who are enrolling in nationally recognised training for the first time.
- school students completing nationally recognised training.
- students continuing with nationally recognised training.
What are the benefits of a USI?
- Students will have a complete record of their Australian VET achievements from a single and secure online source.
- You will be able to confirm your qualifications to employers when seeking for a job.
- Training organisations will assess the students’ prerequisites quickly.
How do I create a USI?
- Identify yourself with one form of identification.*
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Fill in your personal details.
- Enter the requested details.
- Set your USI account password and questions for security.
* Please make sure you have one form of ID from the list below ready:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficent
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
How do you use your USI?
You will need to give your USI to APSI when you enrol to study. Once you create your USI you will be able to:
- give your USI to each training organisation you study with.
- view and update your details in your USI account.
- view and download your training records and results (transcripts) from early 2016 onward.
- manage who can view your transcript.
How do I have my recently completed qualification added to my transcript?
The USI transcript information depends on the timing of RTO reporting and your qualification will not appear immediately upon completion.
Why my Statements of Attainment are not available to download from my USI account?
The USI Office has some helpful student resources explaining what you can expect to see on your USI Transcript, including:
- The student webpage on ‘Transcript/Training Records’ on the USI website, which includes a link to an example of a USI Transcript and a selection of FAQs
- The ‘Your USI Transcript’ fact sheet
- ‘When will my training appear on my USI Transcript?’ fact sheet
- The ‘How to view and download my USI Transcript’ video