National Police Check
A National Police Check (also known as a Police Check, Police Clearance, Criminal History Check, National Police History Check) lists your disclosable court outcomes and pending charges (subject to relevant spent convictions/non-disclosure legislation and/or information release policies). This is a process that involves all Australian police services. A police check is required before some workplace training and placements.
How to request a national police check
If you require a police check, the most convenient option is to do it online – this also allows students to get it sent directly to Australian Professional Skills Institute, as well as the applicant. Veritas Check, a ACIC accredited agency authorised to access the National Police Checking Service and issue Police Check Certificates, offers this option via their website: www.veritascheck.com.au/apply
- Applicants are required to submit 100 points of ID verification.
- To have your police check sent to Australian Professional Skills Institute, please complete this section of the application:
- The cost of a digital copy National Police Check is AU $53 and can be paid via Visa and MasterCard payments.
- If you have any queries regarding the online police check, please see Veritas Check’s Frequently Asked Questions.
- The cost of a physical copy National Police Check is AU $59.90.