New Student Orientation
All new students must attend the orientation program before they commence their course at Australian Professional Skills Institute. An invitation will be sent to the student or the student’s agent at least one week before course commencement date to confirm the date and venue of orientation.
At orientation program, you will be provided with information on your timetable, student handbook, attendance and course progress policies, student support services to assist you in the transition to life and study in your new environment in Australia. You will also be provided with information on legal services, emergency and health services, facilities and resources, and complaints and appeals processes.
You will receive a student ID card after orientation which contains APSI contact details.
- Information about assessments, course details and timetable
- Student handbook – Complaints and Appeals procedure
- Transperth concession Smartrider card
- Overseas Student Health Cover for International students on student visas.
- National Police Clearance
- Unique Student Identifier Number (USI)
- Work experience placement
- Student ID card
- Campus tour
Transperth Concession Card (SmartRider)
The Public Transport Authority in Perth (Transperth) offers concession fares to students who are enrolled in full-time courses which are longer than 6 weeks (with 20 hours contact time per week).
If students want to register for concession fares, they need to follow this process:
1. Obtain an Application for Metropolitan Tertiary Smartrider form from the Transperth website or any Transperth InfoCentre or Transperth Retail Sales Outlet.
2. Fill out the Application for Metropolitan Tertiary Smartrider form and take it to the student services of Australian Professional Skills Institute to verify their enrolment and eligibility for tertiary concession travel on public transport.
3. Once the student services has signed and stamped section 6 of the form, students can take the completed form to any Transperth InfoCentre or Transperth Retail Sales Outlet. The student will need to purchase the SmartRider card ($5 for tertiary students) and also put travel value on the card (eg. $10, $20 etc) to enable the student to use the card immediately.
Non-participating tertiary students must renew their tertiary entitlement every year before the 31st March or earlier if their course finishes earlier. Students can bring a new application to Student Services for validation.