Homestay and Accommodation Assistance
There are a number of accommodation options that are available for international students in Perth. If you need homestay and accommodation assistance, APSI can to assist you in finding the right accommodation. Please refer to the contact details for each option or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Homestay is a living arrangement whereby guests pay to stay in a private home of their host family, usually with your own bedroom but sharing other home facilities. This option can be an invaluable and rewarding part of students learning experience in Australia. All of our homestay families are carefully chosen and have undergone police clearance to ensure the safety and wellbeing of International Students. Students are required to stay a minimum of 4 weeks if you apply for Homestay.
- Minimum stay 4 weeks. 4 weeks minimum payment in advance.
- Homestay Placement/booking Fee: $200 plus GST
- Half Board (single room) $250 per week (include 2 meals, 7 days per week)
- Room only $150 per week (use of kitchen facilities).
The homestay service provides you with a private room, sometimes a private bathroom, depending on the house. The family will prepare breakfast and dinner for you during the week. And breakfast, lunch and dinner on the weekends. You can use all the house facilities but you can’t use the kitchen to cook. Some of the houses have Wi Fi access but not all of them. You can also choose between a family with pets or kids, or one without pets and kids. And please, let us know if you smoke, or have any allergies or food special request, and we will try to find the best place for you.
Airport Pick up
You can also book an airport pick up “meeting and transfer” from the airport to your destination when you enrol at PICE. The fee for this service is $100.
All the homes are owned by Australian families. They have one or two spare rooms and they are welcome to international students. We are the link between the families and the students. Usually they are a retired couple or a local family with young children.
A range of accommodation options are easily available in the city or suburbs surrounding APSI. Independent living allows greater independence and privacy making it ideal for mature age students or those with families.
Share house requests can be booked directly with service provider:
Tel: +61 (0)452 269 869
- All share house type of accommodation available to students upon their arrival (only available to students over 18 years old).
- Food is not provided.
- All accommodations are close to the city or easy walking distance to train stations.
- All accommodations are fully furnished share bedrooms.
- Minimum stay: 4 weeks (extension of stay is available)
- Rate is fully inclusive (all rates and utilities)
- Invoice will be issued directly from House2share to the student
- Students are provided with detailed information about accommodation prior their arrival
- Students get instructions how to get into accommodation and collect keys.
Booking fees per person:
- $190 weekly rental per person
- $190 per week security bond paid in advance
- $300 (refundable upon moving out)
Shared accommodation can be found on a popular local website: gumtree.com.au
Address: 268 Newcastle Street
Northbridge WA 6000
Phone: +61 (8) 6222 2002
If you are a Malaysian citizen on a student visa, the Malaysian Hall Perth in Northbridge is the best temporary accommodation option, as the daily rent is as low as A$6.00 per day. To book accommodation at Malaysia Hall Perth, please fill out the form here.
For more information, such as terms and conditions of staying at Malaysian Hall Perth, visit: Borang permohonan online & peraturan dewan – MHP
Renting is an affordable option in Perth, especially when you rent with other friends or students. The cost of renting a property in Perth varies depending on the locality. There are many local real estate agencies in Perth can help you to find a suitable rental property online, such as REIWA, Domain and realestate.com.au.
Make sure that you allow sufficient time to find a suitable rental, and look into what suburbs you could live in (near public transport, shops, college).
Looking at Rental Properties: arrive early to property viewings, check the property carefully (for damage, cleanliness, etc), check all systems work (electricity, water, gas, air conditioning) and make sure that it has adequate security.
Living Expenses and School Age Dependents
The Australian government provides an indicative guidelines on living costs in Australia. Knowing the average living costs in Australia is an important part of your financial preparation. Read more here.
Tenant/Renter Rights in Perth
We strongly recommend understanding your rights and responsibilities as a renter. These fact sheets and checklists may help you apply for properties, know what to look for and resolve any issues that arise.
- Read more about your rights as a tenant here.
- Download the full tenant’s guide.
- The Tenancy WA website provides free information on all aspects of tenancy.
Scams are when people take money from you under a false claim or pretense. Information on current scams circulating in Western Australia can be found on www.scamnet.wa.gov.au