Online English Language Test
Please note that this English Language test is for students who are NOT currently in Perth. If you are in Perth, please contact APSI’s office in person to sit for a free English language test if required.
Overview of iPEPT
In partnership with our English Language Partner, the Phoenix English Proficiency Test (iPEPT), is an innovative internet-based test that accurately assesses Grammar, Vocabulary, Writing, Reading and Listening. Based on the assessment results, a personalised study package can be recommended to suit your availability and goals.
Why should you take the test?
- Test Results are available within 48 hours.
- The test gives an accurate English level in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) relative to IELTS, TOEFL, and others if you currently do not have any of these accepted English tests results.
- The test tells you how many weeks of English required before you reach the required English language level to start with APSI vocational courses.
English Language Test Guide
- Log in to your account from https://apsi.phoenix.wa.edu.au/
- To reset your password, please use the Forgot password option
- Click on Health iPEPT from the side menu
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a voucher code. APSI will invoice you for a course application fee of $250. Once you are accepted into APSI or into a package English course with Phoenix Academy, the $250 application fee will be waived.
- Once payment is successful, you will be redirected to the test instructions, which includes the installation of the IRIS Remote Invigilation Software.
- Click the Start Test button to be taken to the test. Simply click on each of the 4 sections of the test when ready.
You can require assistance via a dedicated Technical Support section located in the test or contacting the Phoenix HelpDesk team through email, WhatsApp, We Chat and telephone support.
- A personal computer/laptop (smartphones not supported)
- Internet connection (broadband wired or wireless—Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone (built-in, USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth)
- A webcam or HD webcam (built-in or USB plug-in)
- Supported web browsers: Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- IRIS Invigilation Web Browser Extension (available from Google Web Store & Microsoft Edge Add-Ons).
- Information to install this is provided to the student within the Virtual Hub.