English Language Test
The Phoenix English Proficiency Test (iPEPT), is an innovative internet-based test that accurately assesses Grammar, Vocabulary, Writing, Reading and Listening. Based on the assessment results, a personalised study package can be recommended to suit your availability and goals.
Why should you take the test?
- Test Results are available within 48 hours
- The test gives accurate English level in Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) relative to IELTS, TOEFL, and others
- The test tells you how many weeks of English required to enter, University, College TAFE, High School, Cambridge Exams and employment competency
- The test gives you confidence in predicting achievement in Australian Studies.
English Language Test Guide
- Log in to your account from https://apsi.phoenix.wa.edu.au/
- To reset your password, please use the Forgot password option
- Click on Health iPEPT from the side menu
- Make payment* via credit card option or a redeemable voucher code
- Once payment is successful, you will be redirected to the test instructions, which includes the installation of the IRIS Remote Invigilation Software.
- Click the Start Test button to be taken to the test. Simply click on each of the 4 sections of the test when ready.
You can require assistance via a dedicated Technical Support section located in the test or contacting the Phoenix HelpDesk team through email, WhatsApp, We Chat and telephone support.
*Note: Please make this payment directly through the website first and keep a copy of the receipt. Once you are accepted into APSI or into a package English course with Phoenix Academy, the $250 application fee will be waived.
- A personal computer/laptop (smartphones not supported)
- Internet connection (broadband wired or wireless—Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone (built-in, USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth)
- A webcam or HD webcam (built-in or USB plug-in)
- Supported web browsers: Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- IRIS Invigilation Web Browser Extension (available from Google Web Store & Microsoft Edge Add-Ons).
- Information to install this is provided to the student within the Virtual Hub.