All international students must meet the following entry requirements:
International students on student visas must be a minimum of 18 years of age before they can be offered a place to study at Australian Professional Skills Institute.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Students need to demonstrate they have proficiency in English before a place can be offered. If an international student does not have any current IELTS score or any recognised English language result, they are required to take an English language test administered by APSI*. The following English language tests are recognised and accepted by Australian Professional Skills Institute:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test with overall score of 5.5 (Academic) with no individual band lower than 5 or equivalent, OR
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) internet based test with a score of 46 or above, OR
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic with a score of 42 or above, OR
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) from Cambridge ESOL test scores 47 or above, OR
- Proof that the medium of instruction at school has been in English in the last two years with a satisfactory grade in English.
*Education Agents can administer the English language test on behalf of Australian Professional Skills Institute.
Academic Entry Requirements
The following are indicative academic entry requirements and do not guarantee a place at APSI:
- For certificate level courses, students must have completed a minimum of Year 11 schooling or equivalent or be a mature age student (20 years of age and above).
- For direct entry into diploma level course, students must have completed a minimum of Year 12 schooling or equivalent, or be a mature age student with relevant work experience (20 years of age and above).
- For direct entry into advanced diploma level courses, student must have completed an Australian diploma level qualification in a similar area.
- For packaged courses, student must successfully complete the first qualification before they can proceed to the next qualification.
- Details of entrance requirements for individual countries can be obtained through an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APSI offers several admission alternatives and a holistic approach to assessing individual applicants, including the opportunity of an interview combined with consideration of a recognised certificate, overseas qualifications or two years of relevant work experience.
Recognition of Prior Learning
APSI supports the Australian Qualifications Framework with the objective of facilitating pathways to, and through, formal qualifications. In support of this objective all academic studies and prior learning will be taken into consideration when applying to APSI.
Applicants who can demonstrate successful completion of equivalent subjects at a recognised institution may be eligible for credit or exemptions when studying at APSI. Please enquire about the applying for RPL information kit at the time of application.
APSI will grant credit transfer for the same unit with the same unit code awarded by other RTOs in Australia. Please complete a credit transfer application form with all supporting documents at the time of application. If the credit transfer is approved, students are exempted from studying the same unit and are offered alternative units or a reduction in fees and course duration.