Current as of 20 May 2020
As you may be aware, the WA Government has released a four-phase roadmap to get Western Australians back to work safely and begin the process of restarting the State’s economy.
Phase 2 of the roadmap commences on Monday 18 May and sees several restrictions lifted.
Before the opening of campus, APSI has completed the public building start-up checklist from City of Perth and WA State Government’s mandatory requirements. A copy of the certificate is posted on campus notice board.
A copy of COVID-19 Safety Plan is available on campus.
CAMPUS RE-OPENS ON 25 MAY
APSI will reopen its campus in Wellington Fair East Perth from Monday, 25 May.
Office opening hours are
9:00am to 5:00pm – Monday to Friday
The following measures have been implemented to safeguard the health and safety of all students, visitors and staff members
If you are a current student of APSI, your trainer will contact you directly to provide specific details on how your course will operate for the rest of Term 2. We have been delivering our courses via a blended online and face to face practical training and this will continue. Your trainer will continue to take your attendance via ZOOM or on campus.
Some face to face classes have already resumed on campus and in practical kitchens in particular those courses which require practical training and access to specialist on campus equipment. Your trainer will contact your directly to let your know your own training schedule.
WHILE ON CAMPUS
All students, staff members and visitors should practise social distancing and good hygiene at all times.
- All students and visitors are required to have their temperature checked before they enter the classrooms/kitchens first thing in the morning and use hand sanitisers before they enter and when they leave the classrooms.
- All staff members and students are encouraged to download the COVID Safe App for contact tracing.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection measures will be carried out by professional cleaners at the end of everyday in all classrooms and around the campus.
- Our student support services continue to be available to support all students during their studies
- All students and visitors are encouraged to continue to use our online enquiry system and communicate with us via emails or by phone.
- All classrooms capacity and configuration are recalculated to accommodate social distancing measures
- On-loan laptops will be suspended indefinitely to avoid spreading of germs. All students MUST bring their own laptop or tablet to class
- Lunch breaks will be staggered and students must practise social distancing in the kitchen area.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face masks and hand gloves are provided to all staff members and students for their practical classes
- All resources materials, workbooks, assessments will be placed on Moodle as much as possible to minimise the need to share hard copies.
We would appreciate if you can, in the first instance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 63654386 for any queries.
Australian Professional Skills Institute