Current as of 29 July 2020
As you may be aware, the WA Government has released a six-phase roadmap to to carefully ease COVID-19 restrictions .
Phase 4 of the roadmap commenced on Saturday 27 June and saw several significant changes such as the removal of all existing gathering limits and the 100/300 rule or gathering limits only determined by WA’s reduced 2sqm rule.
Depending on infection rates locally, Phase 5 is planned to be introduced on Saturday, 15 August 2020 and will result in the removal of the 2sqm rule and the 50 percent capacity for our major venues.
Face to Face training resumes in Term 3 (as from 20 July)
APSI campus and training venues are now open during office hours.
9:00 am to 5:00 pm – Monday to Friday
The following measures have been implemented to safeguard the health and safety of all students, visitors and staff members
If you are a current student, your trainer will contact you directly to provide specific details on how your course will be delivered in Term 3. We will resume face to face training for most of our courses in Term 3 and attendance is now compulsory for all theory and practical training. Some courses will continue with a blended delivery via face to face and online. Please check with your trainer on the requirements.
APSI will follow the state regulations to ensure the safety and wellbeings of our students, staff and guests at our training premises.
WHILE ON CAMPUS
All students, staff members and visitors should practise social distancing and good hygiene at all times.
- All students and visitors are required to have their temperature checked before they enter the classrooms/kitchens first thing in the morning and use hand sanitisers before they enter and when they leave the classrooms.
- All staff members and students are encouraged to download the COVID Safe App for contact tracing.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection measures will be carried out by professional cleaners at the end of everyday in all classrooms and around the campus.
- Our student support services continue to be available to support all students during their studies
- All students and visitors are encouraged to continue to use our online enquiry system and communicate with us via emails or by phone.
- All classrooms capacity and configuration are recalculated to accommodate social distancing measures
- On-loan laptops will be suspended indefinitely to avoid spreading of germs. All students MUST bring their own laptop or tablet to class
- Lunch breaks will be staggered and students must practise social distancing in the kitchen area.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face masks and hand gloves are provided to all staff members and students for all practical classes
- All resources materials, workbooks, assessments will be placed on Moodle as much as possible to minimise the need to share hard copies.
We would appreciate if you can, in the first instance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 63654386 for any queries.
Australian Professional Skills Institute
For more information
- Department of Home Affairs website with details on visa requirements and border arrangements at covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au
- The Australian Government COVID-19 website with the latest news, updates and advice at australia.gov.au
- The Department of Education, Skills and Employment email and telephone hotline for international students impacted by COVID-19 at email@example.com or 1300 981 621 (9 AM to 5 PPM AEDST Monday to Friday)
- Resources and support for international students on Austrade’s Study in Australia at studyinaustralia.gov.au.