Policies and Procedures
APSI’s policies and procedures for International Students are in accordance with the following Australian Government Education Services :
- Australian Government Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
- Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001
- National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and credit transfer
Recognition of prior learning is a process by which you can get credit for skills and knowledge you have already attained through work experience, informal learning or from a training organisation.
Credit transfer is granted if a student completed the same unit with the same unit code and unit name with another RTO in Australia. If you wish to apply for RPL or credit transfer, please ask for the credit transfer application form from student services when you submit your application.
Complaints and appeals
APSI’s complaints and appeals processes are independent, easily and immediately accessible, inexpensive for the parties involved and are compliant with the National Code.
A copy of the policy and procedure on complaints and appeals can be downloaded from here.
Details of the Standard can be downloaded from here.
Download the most important Policies and Procedures from here:
- Access and Equity Policy and Procedure ( 336 KB )
- Collusion and Plagiarism ( 96 KB )
- Complaints and Appeals Lodgement Form ( 709 KB )
- Complaints, grievances and appeal policy and procedure ( 695 KB )
- Domestic FFS_Terms Enrolment-Refund Policy ( 205 KB )
- International Student Refund Policy ( 476 KB )
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy Policy and Procedure ( 224 KB )
- Student Rules and Code of Conduct ( 244 KB )
- Student Services Information to all students ( 204 KB )
- Student Transfer and Release Policy ( 259 KB )
- Workplace Training Policy and Procedure ( 181 KB )