Unique Student Identifier Number (USI)
From the 1st of January 2015, all students doing nationally recognised training must have their own Unique Identifier Number (USI). This includes students doing Vocational Education Training (VET).
What is USI?
Your USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. This number creates a secure online record of all your nationally recognised training records and results from 2015. Your USI account can be easily accessed at any time online from a computer, tablet or smart phone.
Why do I have to have it?
APSI is a recognised training provider so all our students need their own USI.
What are the benefits?
1. Students will have a complete record of their Australian VET achievements from a single and secure online source.
2. You will be able to confirm your qualifications to employers when seeking for a job.
3. Training organisations will assess the students’ pre-requisites quickly.
How do I get it? Follow this five steps.
1. Identify yourself with one form of ID
2. Accept terms and conditions
3. Fill in your personal details
4. Enter the requested details
5. Set your USI account password and questions for security.
Watch this video or click here to search for the information in your own language.
For more information
Create your USI
For Students (parents, guardians or carers) to create a USI
Please make sure you have one form of ID from the list below ready.
Examples of acceptable forms of ID:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficent
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
Using your USI?
From 1 January 2015 you will need to give your USI to your training organisation when you enrol to study.
Students who need a USI include:
- students who are enrolling in nationally recognised training for the first time
- school students completing nationally recognised training
- students continuing with nationally recognised training
A student who is continuing study is a student who has already started their course in a previous year (and not yet completed it) and will continue studying after 1 January 2015.
Once you create your USI you will be able to:
- give your USI to each training organisation you study with
- view and update your details in your USI account
- view and download your training records and results (transcripts) from early 2016 onwards
- manage who can view your transcript
Please note that your USI account will not have your records and results (transcript) for the first year and they will become available in early 2016.