First Aid Course
The First Aid course is a one-day practical training course that will benefit you at work, in the community or at home. It satisfies the nationally accredited training requirements across many industries and the statement of attainment will allow you to progress onto further courses.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you undertake this course every three years.
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to recognise and respond to life threatening emergencies in a range of situations. It covers the following topics:
- D.R.S.A.B.C.D. action plan
- Legal issues and infection control
- Principle of first aid & the chain of survival
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system
- Airway Obstruction
- CPR: 4 minutes of uninterrupted Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on the floor – adult & infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Stress management awareness
- Respond to an emergency situation
Group bookings and off-site delivery are welcome.
Mode of Study
A nationally recognized statement of attainment will be issued on the same day.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Location of Delivery
The information contained on this website is current at the time of publishing. Australian Professional Skills Institute reserves the right to change the admission requirements, fees, location of delivery and units of competency whenever necessary. Please contact us for the most current information.